So, how do you like the title? There is nothing better than chocolate or bananas. Put the two together and you have magic people, plain and simple. I adapted my banana bread recipe into something that cannot be described, you need to make this so you can eat all of it. In one sitting.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
1 egg, beaten 2 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. baking soda 1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. vanilla 1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt 4 bananas
1 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan; set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
3. In a separate bowl mash the bananas until only a few lumps remain.
4. Add the melted butter and egg to the bananas, mixing well after each addition.
5. Add sugar to the banana mixture.
6. Combine the banana mixture and flour mixtures, then add the chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
7. Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Oh my goodness was this bread ever good, and in the eat it all and hate yourself after kind of way. The chocolate is is just rich enough and the chips add a fun surprise in every bite. Seriously, go make this now.
Do you guys have any recipes that you love? Especially involving chocolate and bananas?
A Handful of Everything - Great Idea Thursdays #89
Cookin and Crafin - My Two Favorite Things Thursday #10
Naptime Creations - Create, Link, Inspire #316
Baking in Pyjamas - Sweet and Savoury Sundays #104
Ginger Snap Crafts - Wow Me Wednesday #197
A Handful of Everything - Great Idea Thursdays #90