October 3, 2011

Hiatus and some baking

Well I am finally getting some time to write to you guys! Sorry for my hiatus, went from busy with the family straight to being sick!! Yuck.....

This weekend I had my weekly Sunday morning coffee with my best friend, and I decided to bake some cookies!!

I got a new cook book by Micheal Smith from Food Networks - Chef at Home. The book is "Chef Micheal Smith's Kitchen - 100 of my favourite easy recipes". It has a ton of really great and easy recipes that just about anyone can make! You can Buy it here.

I decided to make his Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies




Super Easy to make, and they didn't last long!! The recipe says it will make 18 cookies, but I got 4 dozen out of it. So I guess I made my cookies much smaller than his!

To make:

1/2 cup butter at room temp.  
2 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. (I have a non stick cookie sheet, but found I still had to lightly grease it for the cookies to brown nicely).

Beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Whisk in egg and vanilla until combined. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Scrape down butter mixture and gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon.

Scoop a ball of dough, roll in hands a evenly space on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 min. (I ended up baking for 11 min.) Cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to rack.



I know chocolate chip cookies is something everyone wants to master, and this one delivers! Tonight, my husband asked when I was going to make the next batch!

Now go make some cookies! Let me know if you guys have a favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe, I would love to try them!

K.

Linking to:
Kamnco 

Linking to: House of Hepworths

No comments:

Post a Comment