October 6, 2011

Gallery Wall

Well hi there!

That's right, I followed the trend. I put a gallery wall up in the blank wall in my basement. Two months of planning, gathering the frames and printing the pictures.....and I finally have it up!

I got the frames from all over the place. The largest one was purchased from Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon, I think it was regular $29.99. The other two glass panel frames were from Wal-Mart, I think they were around $30 together. The rest were from the Dollar Store.

First thing I did was lay my frames out to see how I wanted them to look. This was a fun step to do with multiple animals in the area. Let's just say that there were paw prints on my frames after this step.



After this I used packing paper, tracing the frames out and put them up on the wall. This is probably the worst step. One word......tedious.....



After some serious begging for help from my husband, he helped me level the frames and put them on the wall. Here is what the wall looks like now:




I am planning on putting a small shelf on the right of the pictures for a small vase with a flower or two. I already have a trio of square shelves for the left of the frames.

Have you recently put a gallery wall in your house? Run into any trouble? I would love to hear about it!

K.
Linking to:  
House of Hepworths
Whipperberry 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment