October 4, 2011

Fall Wreath

Hi all,


So again, I know this is something that everyone is seeing all over blogland right now, but I wanted to give it a go.


First, you have to gather your supplies: Wreath form, yarn, felt, and your trusty hot glue glun.




Now I ended up using different coloured felt for my actual wreath, but forgot to take a picture of it before it was all cut up.




Start by tying your yarn to the wreath form, then start wrapping! This is a good "sitting in front of the tv" craft. All said, I think it took me about an hour to finish wrapping.



Then I made some felt flowers, you can find tutorials all over the place right now.  I made a few sizes of flowers, just changing the size of the squares I was cutting. And here it is, my first wreath......my pride and joy! (Did I take it too far?)



What's that you say? Hanging on a wall? Why yes it is because I don't have any ribbon that will look nice or a door hanger for it. So until I do, it's on my dining room wall. As you can see I went more towards Halloween, but I still think it works for fall too. So did you make any fun fall/Halloween wreaths? I would love to see them!

K.

I am linking this to Kate's "It's Fall, Y'all" link party at Centsational Girl, and Sarah's and Thrifty Decor Chick. Also linking to Kamnco's 1st linky party!

No comments:

Post a Comment