Happy Friday one and all, hopefully your week hasn't been too crazy. We are currently t-minus 23 days and counting until Christmas, you guys ready? Yeah, me neither.
Today I am sharing my recipe for Meat & Cheese Lasagna. We like lasagna over here, and we like it a certain way. Simple. Not too many crazy ingredients or spices. Hopefully you guys like it too.
Meat & Cheese Lasagna____________________________________________
1-1/2 lb hamburger 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 1 cup thinly diced mushrooms
1 pkg oven ready lasagna noodles 4-5 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup water Salt & pepper to tase
1/2 tsp oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree; spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Brown hamburger until cooked through, trying to separate all the large pieces. While this is cooking, dice your mushrooms very small. Once cooked, add 1/3 of the mushrooms; let cook for about 5 min. Repeat with another 1/3 of the mushrooms. Add the last batch of mushrooms and let cook until all of the mushrooms are wilted and cooked.
3. Add the tomato sauce, oregano, salt & pepper. Let the sauce heat until almost boiling, then add the water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add enough of the sauce mixture to lightly cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Cover with the lasagna noodles, making sure not to overlap them too much. You can break them if necessary. Then add another layer of sauce, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese; Repeat two more layers. After the third layer, add the remainder of the sauce, paying special attention to the outside edges. Add the remaining mozzarella cheese and then the remaining Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 40 min. Take the tinfoil off and cook another 10 to 15 min, or until the cheese is nice and brown. You can broil for a minute or two if needed.
And enjoy! I know it's nothing special, but we like it over here. With a food sensitivity, it's really hard to cook a lot of recipes without feeling like the flavour is missing. So when we find something that works, we stick with it.
Feel free to add whatever you like, this just gives you a base to work with. But, I must say, it's pretty tasty on it's own.
Baking in Pyjama's - Sweet & Savoury Sunday #91
It's So Very Cheri - Party Time 12-7-14
Naptime Creations - Create, Link, Inspire #128
Kathe with an E - You're Gonna to Love it Tuesday 12/9/14
Six Sister's Stuff - Strut Yourself Saturday #177
Tatertots & Jello - Link Party Palooza 12/12/14
A Night Owl - Monday Funday 12/15/14