January 14, 2012

you & me wall art - my take

I'm back! Did you miss me?
I saw a great art idea at Little Lovelies that I just had to try! It called You & Me wall art. Allison pinned this print here from Castle & Things
Isn't it just great? I just love it (get it?). When I first saw this, I thought it would look great with my gallery wall in the basement. So, I pinned it and forgot about it.
Don't we all?
Then my local Micheal's had a "buy one, get one for a cent" event this week and I noticed that canvas were included in that sale.
?!? Say What ?!?
I ran my butt down there so fast I didn't even know what happened! I picked up two 11x14 double canvas packs for $10!! While I was there I grabbed the rest of the supplies I needed.
I grabbed some foam brushes, paint and a stencil set from Martha Stewart.
Next I painted my canvas with two light coats of the pale blue paint. I wanted the canvas to peek through a bit. This is after the first coat.

After the paint was dry (assisted of course with my trusty hair dryer) I used parchment paper to map out the canvas as per the instructions included with the stencils.


Then I set to work placing the stencils under the paper, repositioning and double checking my spacing. 

Once I was happy, I took the tracing paper off and started to paint using the stencil.



This part of the process sucked. It took about an hour and a half to get everything perfect and the painting finished. I ended up moving the letters each time after I put them under the traced paper.

I used the traced paper for more of a guideline than an actual trace. But in the end, I was pretty happy with the results.


One more shot.


Looks pretty good by me books!

Well, what do you guys think? Have you pinned anything and then made it your own? I would love to see!

K.
Linking to::

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I like the idea of using paint instead of chipboard. Thanks for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete