September 2, 2017

A New House Means a New Kitchen

Hello everyone! It's been almost two months and we are finally getting settled and are feeling like this is our house. We are about 99% done unpacking what we need to and the rest can stay in storage for now. It's been a crazy year so far, and I think this whole family is ready to slow down a touch. You know, before the crazy of school starting and the double birthday/Christmas season in December starting.

Today I have some pictures of our new kitchen to share with you guys, and it's about time. I have been trying to get everything perfect before showing anyone, including friends and family, and I decided a few weeks ago that I need to get over that feeling. Honestly, it's going to take years to make this house even close to perfect in my head, and I want to wait that long to show people.

This is the main hub of the kitchen, which was done within the last five years according to the listing.


What an improvement from our last house, am I right? It's definitely not the finishes I would have chosen, but everything is nice and new. The cabinets aren't painted plywood and the counter-top isn't spray painted so it's really a win in anyone's book. Trust me, I can live with this for a long time before needing to do anything major to update it or change the finishes.

Directly across from the sink is the fridge and more counter space and storage, which was a huge problem for us in our first house. Guys, I can actually have the microwave, coffee machine and my mixer out at the same time!


And in the bottom left of the above picture you can see our gorgeous pocket door, that I am in love with. I honestly didn't even know about it until after we bought the house and were doing our final walk through. But, I am so happy that it's there! We had a pocket door separating the kitchen from the entrance in the last house and I always loved it. And the fact that it has glass is even better, because it doesn't make the dark cabinets turn the kitchen into a cave when it's shut.

Above is another angle of the fridge side of the kitchen from the our table, which is an eat-in area in the kitchen. It shows all the storage we have, which again has been amazing. I still get lost when looking for things though, hopefully that will pass soon!


And you can see the entire kitchen from the den, which is great for entertaining! We had friends and family over a few weeks ago and it was so nice to be able to be in the kitchen making food and drinks and still be able to talk to everyone. I am standing in the den in the below picture, and it's so easy to pass things over the railing too.


Well, that's it! That's our new and improved kitchen guys, what do you think? We already have ideas for future renovations for the kitchen, including knocking the peninsula and upper cabinets over it out and expanding the kitchen into and eliminating the eat in area. But that is way down the list of things that we need to do. This is the most functional room in the house, as well as the most updated.

But it's always nice to think of ways you would change your house to really make it your own.

Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment