April 23, 2012

a little (chest)y......

Hey there! How are you all on this fine day?

The hubby's great grandmother recently moved to a retirement community because she was having trouble living alone. In the process of this move, the family all got together and helped move her to her new home, as well as helped empty the house. We were told if we wanted anything, to ask and throw our names on it.

Well, lookie what I found.....


I found this beauty and asked for her really quick. I can't believe no one else wanted her!!! How about a closer look? I think so....


I just love her so much! I have wanted a cedar chest for about 10 years now, and I never thought I would get one. Can you see the two toned wood on the top and front? And the gorgeous inlaid pine in the front? Gorg!!

And this old girl is, well, old.

There is a button on the front that you need to push in order to open the chest - great to keep little fingers out! It also came with the original key that still works!

Now for what I found inside. This chest was made in Hanover, Ontario. Lets here it for something made in my province! (In case you didn't know, it's not a common thing for us to see)

So pretty! The inside is in great condition!


It's the original moth insurance form from 1940!
How cool is that!

And there was even a patent stamped into the lid, so I am not sure how old she really is, but i am guessing old enough. A lady never tells anyway, right?


All in all, a pretty good find.

This house needed to get a little chesty. Now, what to put in her? I feel like I need to put silk in there.

What do you guys think?

K.

Linking to:
HOH #97 



1 comment:

  1. What a great chest. Love all the woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete