March 24, 2012

before & after - fake plant

Hello again.

Today I have a before and after of a fake plant I received for Christmas a few years ago. I loved the flowers, not the pot it came in.


So what's a DIY-er to do?
Well my first step was to pull out all of the holly, pine cones and crazy fake Christmas tree branch pieces.


It's amazing what 5 minutes of muscle work will get you.


Ah, much better! Right? Then I measured out a piece of muslin to cover the pot and some of the foliage that I could not remove. (You can actually see it in the picture above)


Once I had the muslin wrap the way I wanted it, I tied the whole thing with some purple bakers twine.


I love it!  And just for fun and because everyone loves them, a before and after side by side picture:


Here is a picture of the plant where I have put it for now. I love how it pops against the wall colour.


So have you guys done any quick before and afters?
I would love to see them!




No comments:

Post a Comment