July 18, 2016

No Bake Cherry Cheesecake

Hello there again, glad to see that you came back. I've been pretty sketchy with posting regularly and I'm still trying guys. I don't know how people with more than two children do it, you guys are still my heroes. I have the motivation, but no time. Still hoping that's going to change soon.

I stumbled on this recipe again on Pinterest by accident and it has changed my life. I love easy, go-to recipes that I can bring to almost anything. And this has been a hit everywhere I've brought it. I could even make this for just us and eat the whole thing. The original recipe is here from Centre Cut Cook.

I have made this per the original instructions with an Oreo crust (and it was delicious) and I have also made it with a graham cracker crust. I am sharing the adapted recipe with the graham crust.


No Bake Cherry Cheesecake                                                             

Crust:
4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp butter 

Cheesecake:
2 pkg. cream cheese
1 tub Cool Whip
3/4 cup icing sugar

Topping:
2 cans cherry pie filling

1. Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Melt butter and mix with crumbs and sugar in a large bowl. Press into pan and place in the fridge.

2. Beat cream cheese in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Add in sugar and beat until combined. Stir in Cool Whip until combined but not over mixed. Spoon over crust in an even layer. Place in fridge for 20 minutes until the mixture has set up a little.

3. Once cream cheese mixture is set spoon on the cherry pie filling. Place in the fridge for at least two hours prior to eating.

That's it! Sorry for the lack of pictures, I made this to take to a family gathering and didn't have time to take better pictures. And really didn't want to cut into the dessert before getting there, that might be rude. Maye I will update with pictures in the future if I get a chance.

Now I preferred the cheesecake with the Oreo chocolate crust, but the graham crust was still delicious. I love an easy to make recipe, and this one fit the bill. I can't wait to make it again, and maybe try a few more changes. If you guys have any no bake cheesecake recipes, feel free to share.  

Kerby

No comments:

Post a Comment