February 4, 2015

Tissue Heart Window Art

Hey there! Sorry for my little absence, I've been extremely busy trying to get a few big things done around here. Hopefully I will be sharing them soon (And I have to say, I completely didn't notice that the title rhymes until about the third time I read it).

Anyway, today I want to share a quick and easy craft for Valentine's day. This was actually pretty fun to do, it reminded me of paper mache. You only need a few supplies and about 10 minutes of your time. Easy peasey.



You will need:

White tissue paper                                                White glue
Pink, Purple tissue paper                                       Paint brush
Cling wrap                                                            Water

First, lay some cling wrap on a flat surface and tape the edges down:



Then put some white tissue paper down, size it bigger than the object you are making:



Cut the pink and purple (or whatever colour you want to use) tissue paper. Cut some of the white tissue paper as well:


Mix some glue with water at a 1:1 ratio and start and start painting the tissue paper down however you think it looks good:



Once your happy, let the tissue paper dry over night. The next day, cut out whatever shape you would like (I chose hearts in honour on Valentine's day). Then use a little tape and stick those bad boys up in your window:



I think they are such a cute little craft, and I can't wait to make more. You could do just about any design, I think I might have some Easter egg tissue art in my future.

Do you guys have any cute Valentine's Day crafts? Please share, I'm not usually one for decorating for Valentine's day. I'll take any help I can get!

Kerby

Linking to:
I Heart Naptime - Link Party Palooza #79 
Cookin and Craftin - My Two Favorite Things #5 
A Handful of Everything - Great Idea Thursday's #84 

1 comment: