December 7, 2011

Salt Dough Gift Tags

Hi everyone!

Well I saw this post at The Pinterest Project for salt dough ornaments. I thought this was a great idea! Now, I didn't use them as ornaments, I decided to use them as gift tags.


First, gather what you need, which isn't much!
1 cup flour
1 cup water 
1/2 cup salt

Heat your oven to 250 and mix all the ingredients. I found that I needed an additional cup of flour.

Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 to 7 minutes; and then roll to to 1/4 inch thickness. Choose your design and start to stamp


You will get quite a bit depending on the size of your cookie cutter. I got two full cookie trays:


Then its time to use a straw, or whatever you have on hand, to cut the holes to hang the ornamnets or tags



I choose four different stamps in two different colours. I choose red and black as the ink colours, and the stamps were "Just for You", "From Santa", "North Pole Postage" and a stamp that had from our last name.

I stamped them before I baked the dough for 4 hours




After they have cooled down, you need to seal them. I used Modge Podge because that's what I had on hand. It worked out great.



Now get out there and make your own salt dough tags or ornaments! I can't wait to see them!





2 comments:

  1. I just made some of these last weekend, but instead of gift tags I made a garland out of them......Yours turned out so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea...thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower too. Stop by and enter my Christmas giveaway if you get a minute...today is the last day to enter. Warm wishes, Lori

    ReplyDelete