September 21, 2011

First Post & First Imitation - DIY Cloche

Hi there!

Well it's my first post here at Craft Wannabe, and I guess I need to tell you a little about myself (but not much, don't wanna bore you!) My name is K. and I love reading the DIY and craft blogs, enough that I decided to start my own!

I am a full-time worker and a wife to a wonderful husband. I have too many animals, and I am sure they will make appearances on here.

Okay, so to the first crafty/DIY thing I tried after reading so many awesome blogs out there - DIY Cloche.

I know! I know! Overdone right? But it was one of the first things I tried to do myself, and it gave me the inspiration to keep going. I first saw it on a post by Allison @ House of Hepworth's. I didn't do a tutorial because there is already so many great one's floating around. Here is Allison's.

Instead of painting my black, I chose white. Most of the furniture in my house is already dark, so I needed a few things to lighten things up.


You just need a cheese dome for your local Goodwill store (or thrift store), a candle stick, some spray paint and glue.

I added some grapevine and twine baubles from Wal-Mart.

Well, that's it for my first post.

Hope you come back soon!!

K.

1 comment: