September 22, 2011

DIY Pomander Balls

Hello again!

Thought I would do another quick and easy post of a DIY imitation craft I did. These are Pomander Balls or Kissing Balls. This one I saw posted by Courtney at Pizzazzerie a while back. The link to her tutorial is here. And wow, are hers ever gorgeous!

I followed her steps, added my own tweaks and ended up with these babies (excuse the bad pictures):



I did a few different kinds. The picture above shows pink and cream and blue and purple. I thought these looked close to the colours of real hydrangeas. I then followed these with various sizes of pink and purple, blue and cream, purple and cream and just cream:


Throw them in a vase or apothecary jar with a few accents and voila! Pretty accent for just about anywhere!

I used a hydrangea press, different colours of scrapbook paper, coloured push pins and Styrofoam balls. I happened to use textured paper, but you don't have to.

Now go create some pretty pomander balls for you house!

K.

1 comment:

  1. @ Allison - Thanks! That means a lot coming from you!

    ReplyDelete